Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day/Trust

This morning when my husband walked into the kitchen I hear all three boys sing out a chorus of "Happy Father's Day Dad!"  It was hard not to be a little jealous as I thought of all the Mother's Days where it was mumbled some where along the line or not said at all.  Then I realized that is because Motherhood is so important to us. It goes to the core of our being. It is a place of honor that some mothers never understand. 

Later I took Taz to Culver's for some ice cream.  As we sat there he said "I was watching the Italian job and there was a quote I found inspirational." Taz actually is quite the intellectual when he isn't all ADHD'd out on me.  The quote was shocking to me "I trust everyone. It's the devil inside them I don't trust" Oh my word what a summary of RAD. Such contradiction.  I was sad to here Taz still felt this way and I told him I did not really agree with the quote. He was surprised. I told him there are many people I do trust who I feel always have my best interest at heart. I told him that Dad and I hoped he would feel that way about us. Of course he said "I do." Uh yeah. 

Attachment is a progression over time. Taz has come along way.  And Teddy, even though he seems very unattached now, I still believe has a small amount of attachment toward us. Life is hard for them. We are blessed to walk the journey with them even though it is at times a rough and rocky road.

Have a healing weekend.

And Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.  We appreciate all you do for our families. You mean the world to us!

No comments: