Friday, June 18, 2010

RADicky

I do mean ICKY.  Bear will be 18 in another week.  In Nebraska legal age is 19 so we have one more year. He is on a waiting list for a lower level of RTC that is self pay. They receive a lot of funding so don't actually ask for much. I don't feel comfortable giving the name because of safety reasons.  Right Way is continuing to help us connect. This week a mentor called me. Not because I need advice on RAD so much as I need someone from this area who is familiar with RAD.  Our first conversation went very well and she is going to get a list of respite providers in the area for me.  Thanks to those who have asked and shared your love and concern.  Moving to a new area after living some place for 17 years has been tough on all of us but I do love ts town and our new home. We have visited a church and are getting to know neighbors. Quite an adjustment! While I do get frustrated with Bear for his defiance and "I'm a man" speeches I feel sad for him knowing how hard it is going to be for him when he leaves. While he is not attached he is most definitely afraid of abandonment.  I have begun my new internship and am learning the ropes. There is a lot to learn but it will be interesting work. I hope to get back into the swing of regular blogging again as I just finished two weeks of training at 40 hrs per week.  I'll be cutting back to 30 hours a week which will be much more doable.

We keep going.We do not quit. I hope you are doing the same.

No comments: