Monday, June 21, 2010

KIIIIIIIIAAAAA! Take that RAD

I just took the boys to see Karate Kid.  Might be a little intense for younger kids. I heard a young one a few rows back who was a little stressed.  But it does carry a message about facing your fears.....Hmmmmm..

In the car on the way home.

Me: "I think the movie had a neat message about facing your fears."

Teddy: "I  used to tell myself the only thing I have to fear is fear itself and I conquered that so now I don't have any fears"

Me: " You seem to be acting out since we left because there was so much family closeness."

Teddy: A bunch of acting out stuff.

I repeat. The only things harder than parenting them is being them.

2 comments:

peggysue said...

I'm glad to hear your comments about the movie. I know my daughter wanted to see it, I wasn't keen on it as she is only eight, so now that I heard your opinion, I won't be taking her. We did see Toy Story 3 though and I blubbered something awful at the end. If you go see that one, take tissue.

Brenda said...

Peggy Sue,

He gets beat up a lot the majority of the movie. That is what upset the little guy behind us. If your child has PTSD about violence, it would be a NO!