Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And the Beat Goes On

I went for coffee this morning with a friend who has also adopted 2 girls with RAD. We have met for years about once a week and vent, share and encourage each other in ways other people cannot. I arrived home to find that Taz and Bear were in the backyard screaming and yelling and that Bear had punched Taz in the face. Taz ran in the house and locked Bear out which is actually understandable considering he was trying to hurt him. I'm sure our neighbors enjoyed the show. I'm thinking we should sell popcorn at the next showing and possibly ring side seats.

Seriously though I am concerned. Bear has counseling tomorrow and we need to talk about Bears increasing aggression. I went to the Y and took both of them with me and kept them in separate rooms. When I leave for school I will drop Bear off at the library to make sure he is separated from Taz.

There have been a lot of talks about how to handle anger. What to do when you feel things are unfair. There have also been talks about the money which is still missing. It is obvious that one is acting out because of guilt. The other is acting out at being suspected. But which is which?

I was having my quiet time this morning and came across this verse.

"Our sufficiency is from God." 2 Cor. 3:5. He will give us the strength and the wisdom we need in knowing how to handle this situation and in knowing when to seek out further services.

2 comments:

peggysue said...

That is a good verse. I also like, Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths.
The anger as it increases would be a concern, especially as our children get bigger. I am glad you have a friend whom you can lean upon for support. I have no personal support, by that I mean a nearby friend I can meet for coffee, so have searched online and I appreciate your blog more than I can say.
We were in a far off city this weekend for fireworks and DH took our DD to the park to play. She disappeared after coming down the slide and he was searching for her frantically for twenty minutes before he came to get me to help. Mind you, there were 40,000 people there for fireworks. I suspected and was right that DD had hidden on purpose. She wanted to play some more, he had told her it was time to go back for fireworks, so she hid under the play area until he went away and then came out skipping and laughing...these types of issues come up so often and it would be great to know what to do...some days it feels like we take so many steps backwards.
And this morning I had surgery, so DD flooded the toilet and generally done everything she can to get the attention focused back on her . . .sorry to vent in your blog. If this isn't proper blog etiquette please let me know.

Brenda said...

Peggy,

That is part of why this blog is here. So people going through similar issues can talk about it. I hope you are doing ok from your surgery. I sure understand the acting out. You might also talk with dd about possibly being afraid with you having surgery. The loss of another mom or fear of that would really stir up RAD. Oh and thank you for your kind words.