Sunday, August 31, 2008

Peace

We all love peace. I think it is so important that I'm going to think about it for a few days. First I need to think about what peace is. I guess there are different levels of peace. Sometimes, like now while everyone is asleep, my house is peaceful. When we are on vacation and I look at something majestic God has created I feel peace. When the kids are sitting doing homework and really focused on what they are doing, I feel peace. But then there is that deeper peace. I believe it comes from making peace with God. From living a life free from fear.....ah.... fear. There is that word again. Seems to come up often with a household with RAD in it....Maybe it is like one of those scales. I don't know what they are called.
The heavier the fear is in our hearts the less peace we can feel. We fear for our kids future. We fear for our future. We fear it is always going to be like it it at that moment. The Bible says "Perfect love casts out fear." God is the only one who has perfect love. I guess today I wanted to really think about what peace it is we want to feel exactly. What things are getting in our way? I think tomorrow I'll talk about ways to defeat the fear.

2 comments:

Denise said...

In our hustle and hurried world, it's easy to let those peaceful moments slip by unrecognized. But, like you said, when you do take the time to embrace those moments, they are invigorating and energizing. As of late, I have been making the most of each of those moments -I'm glad you are too. I think for moms like us who deal with the difficulties of RAD daily, it's especially important. But even without RAD, it's an essential part of living that allows us to recognize what God wants for us in our lives. Great thoughts for the day, Brenda!

Anonymous said...

I have something for you on my blog.