Monday, July 14, 2008

Rejection

Rejection is an ugly word. Our children feel rejected. They were in some forms rejected in early life. Now they are often rejected by peers, neighbors or even some family members because of behaviors. But what about moms?

We have to look at the rejection of moms accurately. Our children are not rejecting US. It is not me as an individual. It is easy to slide into the thought "Am I that bad?" when they cannot love us. They reject motherhood. Mom's are dangerous. Love is dangerous. They were taught a form of love that is warped. They continue to see that as love and it hurts. I am working hard on remembering I am not being rejected as a person. I am rejected as a mom and it wouldn't matter who I am. The best mom you can picture in your head would be rejected. Take care of yourself, your healthy relationships and keep nurturing. We can do it together.

8 comments:

Emiley said...

Brenda, I obviously have little idea what you go through with the boys each day. But, I know God sees and you will be rewarded!

Rachelle said...

Some more great advice! How's school?? Keeping up with your homework : )

Brenda said...

Rachelle,

I'm at Panera Bread having dinner before class. Ahh the life of a college student : ) I am keeping up with homework. We only have 2 more weeks after this. So I have 2 more papers and 3 more interviews left is all.

Anonymous said...

I've got something for ya on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you sound like our AT. He keeps telling me not to take it personally, which is REALLY hard for me, since all the crap is directed right at me. I know it's not meant for ME personally, but it's all so hard! I'm just having a really hard day. I hate therapy! It just keeps all the wounds so open :(

Anonymous said...

That was from me. I don't know why it won't keep my name.

Karen

Brenda said...

Karen,

Our ATs keep saying the same things over and over because they know it is hard and we need to hear it. It is true. We just don't always feel it. You have had a tough road. Email me if you need to dump.

Karen Deborah said...

Panera is definitely taking care of you,..this helps me with some of our issue here.