Sunday, December 12, 2010

The power of music

Over the years music has had a powerful effect on both me and my children who were traumatized.  That is why I occasionally post love songs. Play them during a quiet time in your household. You may not need to say a word, other than maybe "I love this song."  The song Anyway, first began with Taz saying every time "I hate that song".  After a few months of playing it almost every morning, he started singing along and would say "I like that song". I played the one below it ,"Satisfied" yesterday and said "I love this song, isn't it neat?" and Taz who was sitting less than 3 feet away said "I didn't hear it." I just smiled. I'll be playing it more often.

Christine has such a song on her blog today too. Travel on over to that one. Play a few songs a week. Don't shove it down their throats or talk about the meaning. Just keep playing it.

Have a healing worship filled Sunday!

No comments: