Tuesday, May 12, 2009

RAD Webinar

There is a Webinar coming up next week about parenting RAD children. It will be given by Katherine Leslie. I don't know much about it. I read one of her books long ago. I do remember I gleaned some important info from her book. You are probably not going to agree with everything every psychologist tells you. So my advice with any book, seminar, workshop, etc is to go into looking for things that will work for you. You are the expert on your child. You know how your family works. Here is the info.


May 18th. 10 AM to 11:30 AM CST. $30.00 Grab all your fellow Radical mom's, invite them over for tea and split the cost. Continuing education credits will be issued if you need/want them.

Parenting from the Trenches
Do you have a child who lies, steals, sneaks, stalks, hordes, chatters non-stop, or urinates in places other than the potty, etc? In this webinar Dr. Leslie will teach you essential, sensible, safe and effective solutions to your child's behavior problems that can also increase positive behaviors in your child, create an attachment friendly environment, simplify daily life, reduce family conflict, and even get some of your parental needs met. Dr. Leslie will weave lecture material around questions from the audience.

AGENDA
This is a 90 minute Webinar

Quick overview of attachment and brain facts

What children are supposed to give to the parent-child relationship

What do you really want from your child?

Preventing negative behaviors

Rehearsing positive behaviors

Punishment vs consequences: What's good for you?

https://www.meds-pdn.com/continuing_education.php?seminar_id=2442

3 comments:

Arthur Becker-Weidman, PhD said...

The name is familiar, but I can't place her or her work. I do notice that she is not a Registered Clinician with ATTACh (see: http://www.attach.org/regmembnonpri.asp ) I often use this as a quick check on a person's competency.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the note. I am familiar as I read her book a couple of year ago. There were things in it I liked. Things I did not like. I did a post about her book. http://reactiveattachmentdisorderlife.blogspot.com/search/label/Katharine%20Leslie

Brenda said...

Hmm. I'm sorry. That brings you back to this same post. Her book is When a Stranger Calls You Mom. She has raised kids with RAD as well as becoming a psychologist dealing with RAD. I took issue with having your kids call you coach instead of mom. She has them wait until they decide they are ready to become a part of the family. I did not like either of those things. She had some good stuff though. I think Lisa and some of the others are more familiar with her work now.