Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lack of Conscience and RAD

There have been times I was afraid my boys have no conscience. I have been watching carefully and have noticed the same thing in both of them. Sometimes when their behaviors escalate it is because they have done something wrong and are feeling bad about it. They are thinking they are a bad person so they act even worse. With one of them this generally means I need to search his room and I will find something he has been doing that he knows he should not. With the other I can discuss it and ask what has happened he is feeling so badly about. Sometimes he says NOTHING! at first but he generally will come back within the hour to tell me.

Have a healing day!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

This no conscience thing has been tough for us too. I am still not sure how to handle it, but we are very much still learning.