Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peace

Everyone wants peace in their lives. What does peace mean to you? No fighting, no war, no place to run to this evening? Internal peace can some times be effected by what is going on around us. Things we have no control over. Having a child with RAD can disrupt the peace in my house. He can stir up everyone with home he comes into contact.

Here are some things we do to keep peace in our house....sometimes it is to get peace in our house because we have let the uproar back in.

I believe peace in our hearts begins with a relationship with God. Reading the Word, praying, singing praise songs all bring me peace. Take time for your spiritual life.

Taking the kids for a walk, playing soft uplifting music, having a reading time, gentle back or shoulder rubs brings peace in the kid's behavior.

Sometimes no matter what we do other people may be yelling and disrupting. If I can keep myself regulated by 1)not taking it personally 2) Remembering the scared little boy in the monster suit 3) taking time for my own rejuvenation 4) think of what lies under the behavior-fear or sadness usually

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal."
Isaiah 26:3,4

1 comment:

Mike and Gail said...

Thanks for the reminder. :D
I have been looking for that PEACE. I do find it when I am constantly in God's word. God does keep me grounded.