Wednesday, March 25, 2009

reactive/proactive

I find that often in parenting children with RAD I become reactive. I wait for the behaviors or attitudes to hit and react. I avoid the behaviors and attitudes and react. Lousy parenting.

When I stop and think about certain attitudes and behaviors and prepare a plan of action. When they do yada yada I will try lada lada I find I feel empowered. When I do not take it personally. When I stay the grown up. When I am loving empathetic and kind I am a better parent and I feel it. I may not always see it in their reaction but I still know.

Make a plan. Think of a behavior you would like to work on and decide how you will react the next time it happens.

If you are not sure what to do feel free to ask. If I do not know I know some brilliant moms who just might!

No comments: