Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our World View

First I want to say that I finished my Research in Counseling class last night. I am not sure but I think I may have heard angels singing the Hallelujah chorus as I left the room. Now I have to finish my 2 final projects for my last Multicultural Counseling class on Saturday. That class reminds me constantly of my need to love and accept others and just how judgmental I am at times. Talking about convicting. This video so expresses how I feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OihvG607W-c

I think part of the problem is we see the world through our own eyes. What if we looked at the world through the eyes of Jesus. Saw each person the way He sees. I think we would all value and treasure each other so much more. The world can be a mean and scary place. I am going to work to reach out to each person I come across in some way. I need to look past whatever superficial obstacle I may have set up and just see them as a person. I need to try to look at the world from their point of view.

I can do this with my kids. I can do it with anyone: the clerk at the store, the person in the chair next to me in a waiting room, the person fixing my car. Have a loving day.

No comments: