Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I recommended reading Nancy Thomas' article on Mother's Day earlier in this post Mother's Day It is a tough day in our house hold every year. It brings them up so much sadness, so much shame for not being with their birth mom and so much confusion in their minds. There are some ways to make the most of the day. Focus on your own mother if you can. We are going to visit mine for the weekend. Focus on the other women in your lives and on your healthy children. Enjoy time with your husband. Don't let this weekend become about RAD. Don't set high expectations or feel they have "ruined your day". In fact, if it is generally bad enough I'd ask my family to lay low and find other ways of celebrating Motherhood. Going out one on one with family members, planting flowers together or eating out with out drawing attention to why you are there. If you go into this expecting to much you will be hurt and disappointed. Lay low and Happy Mother's Day from me. Thank you for what you do for your child. Thank you for searching out resources, support and help and the creative ways you parent this child. I think you are awesome moms fighting for the very lives of your children. They are blessed to have you whether they know it or not. God knows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Brenda! You are an awesome mom too! Denise R.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

~Bren~ said...

Happy Mother's Day Brenda.
Hope is always there. My daughter has treated me like a Queen today. She made me breakfast (I watched her..she did nothing bad) and wrote me a beautiful card acknowledging how much I do for her...full circle this kid!! God is faithful!