Monday, April 14, 2008

Unconditional Love


My good friend Michele sent this link. http://thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1204 It is from American Radio. If you go to the site and click on Full episode it will play this program on unconditional love for you. The first 10 minutes are a brief history of attachment therapy which I thought was interesting. The next 27 minutes are the story of a family who adopted from Romania. The child was 7 and had lived in a crib the entire time. He of course had RAD. The last 19 minutes is about a family with an autistic child and their decision about having their child stay in the home or placed in residential care. I have to admit I did not listen to the last 19 minutes but if you have a child who may need residential care you might want to listen. The rest of the program was excellent.

1 comment:

~Bren~ said...

I just found you through Peggy's blog (The Simple Woman). I always click on a blog with the name Brenda ;)
I too have a RAD child. 2 adopted and one RAD, the other ADHD. I home school them both and feel like we have made GREAT progress. I will come back as time allows and read through your posts. I do not give RAD full attention on my blog, however I have done a monthly (most of the time) series called "The Face of Trauma". You can find them on my sidebar under labels. Also under the label My World, you can read my children's stories. So glad I found you.