- Read to your child beginning when they are very small.
- Snuggle with them every day.
- Make eye contact when you are talking, not impatient hurry up eye contact, but you are the most important person in the world eye contact.
- Tell them you love them every day.
- Do fun activities together at home: board games, a children's video, play with toys or draw.
- Turn off the tv.
- Eat dinner together.
- Tuck them in at night, say prayers together and let them know how happy you are that you are their mom.
We must cherish our children, make them feel safe and secure. Teach them what life is really all about. It is not about seeing how many activities we can cram into a day or being "the best" in all the activities. Some of those things may help them succeed in a job. More important by far is to prepare them for relationships, for contentment and their inner life.