Thursday, January 27, 2011

Are we having fun yet?

Just went over to visit Christine's place and saw an excellent post on having fun, one of my favorite topics. There is the coolest video on her post today so if you want a little smile take the time to watch it.

Fun can disappear when we let stress take over. Please don't let that happen in your house hold. Put the fun back in your day every day.

Get out the coloring books and color with your kids. Watch a funny movie. Go roller skating or ice skating. Blow bubbles.

Remember when you and your spouse were dating? Remember how much fun you had? Go to some of those types of places again. Go dancing, double date.

I don't know if any  of you have ever done the personality test by Gary Smalley but it has a FREE assessment on the site. I am an Otter/Golden Retriever. Having fun is ESSENTIAL to my happiness and well being daily. Not once a week, but every day I try to make sure I do something fun. I am so much less stressed and happy when I do. It is the way I'm wired. So get out there: Build a snow man, eat a snow cone, throw a snowball. DO SOMETHING GOOFY!

And then have a healing evening! : )

3 comments:

Erika said...

There is an awesome book full of fun ways to make the most of every day - best book I have ever read for helping my kids and it's not even about being a foster parent. It's called Spirit Games.

Brenda said...

I haven't heard of that one but will check it out! Thanks Erika. You have a lot of great ideas.

Anonymous said...

Hello Brenda,
I just came upon your blog after researching RAD for my college psychology paper, and I just want to say how inspiring your story is. I commend your positive attitude and humor as you and your husband try to deal with RADkids. After reading your blog, I KNOW that everything will turn out all right in the end :)