Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Couple of Fun Activities to do WITH your Child

Fun times together are important to your child feeling safe and being able to attach. If you have a child who sabotages those times it can be tough.  Keep the activities short and stop BEFORE they act out, if that is possible. When you are done tell them if they are feeling upset about having some together time to go ahead and have a fit (or whatever they do). Giving them permission often means they won't do it.

These are just a couple of simple things that are for Christmas:

Build a Snowman (for the younger ones, but I have to admit I kind of liked it too)

Build a Snowflake I've actually had this one on my computer for years and I do it year round.

If you have other computer activities you think families could enjoy please share. The important thing is to do them together.

Have a healing day!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I took my 3 year old out to build his first snow man with me. I was frozen solid, and the man ended up being about a foot high (I'm not even kidding) and when my child saw a real snow man, he thought ours was very funny in hindsight. I guess I'm trying to say, even if you suck at it, it can be a great time and a great memory. Every child should have fun every day.