Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting a proper outlook

I had some kind of a sinus bug on Friday. This morning my husband and Fish woke up with it. Taz, Teddy and I went to church by ourselves. Right before church Teddy said he was going to come and sit with me so I wouldn't have to sit alone. Very thoughtful. Then he left an empty chair in between us??????????? Doggone it if I didn't keep focusing on that stupid chair. I worked hard at focusing on his being there and not at the empty space between us. Maybe it helps to remember the space between us was much smaller than usual. I say this because so many times I catch myself looking for the negative. I read things into their words and actions. Look for the healing. Look for the positive. It is better for my whole family when I do it!

1 comment:

stellarparenting.com said...

thanks for the reminder, sometimes it is hard to do but oh so important. Hope youare feeling better