Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Theraputic Stories

I happened upon this fabulous website: http://www.therapeutic-stories.com/index.html by Nancy Davis. It is on telling stories that help to heal. It has sample stories, an index, guidlines and even one that teaches techniques. I find this fascinating as children love stories. All 5 of my children would listen to stories from my childhood relating to their lives. This would work along the same lines. I am going to read thoroughly through this and try some with my sons. She has written some books but I could not get that link to work. I am going to call Dr. Nancy Davis and get more information. I'll relay it to you. I believe we must be willing to try new things. Each child is different and different activities will speak to them. It is always worth a try!

No comments: