Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day (it is sneaking up on you)


In honor of our spouses I'm writing about Valentine's Day. I'm sure none of us relate to our spouses exactly the same, expect exactly the same or parent exactly the same. And yet, we all love our spouses in the way that is good for "us". But this would be a great time of year to stop and look at our relationships outside of the whole RAD or maybe even parenting realm. Here are a few tips I have thought of from my website:http://attachmentdisordermoms.googlepages.com/yourspouse Parenting an emotionally disturbed child can cause friction in a marriage. If you have a child with RAD you don't need a discription of why or how it happens. So I hope you can take some time over the next couple of weeks to focus on your spouse and their good qualities. Remember why you married them? Do you still have fun together? I hope so. If not, make some plans. Find a relative or friend to watch the kids for at least a little while and enjoy one of the positive relationships in your life. Don't forget: While you are out - DON"T TALK ABOUT THE KIDS! RAD cannot be the main focus of our lives. It isn't healthy for us and it isn't healthy for our marriage. My husband and I will have been married 24 years on February 11! Happy Valentine's Day Chris!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Oh Happy Anniversary! I think we will celebrate your anniversary instead of Valentine's Day. The restaurants should be less crowded. :-D

Brenda said...

HA! Great idea, except most of them in our little town are closed on Monday. So you can't come here which is what I'm sure you had planned ; )

Tami said...

So, you're saying you LIKE Valentine's Day?! Just razzin' ya.

Truth be told, we usually celebrate a little early too. We got engaged on Feb. 9 (poor guy just couldn't wait until Valentine's Day!).

Happy Anniversary!